12.20.2010

How to get your child to love tummy time.

Thompson hasn't really been into the whole tummy time thing. Usually when I lay him on his stomach he just buries his head into the ground and tries to lick the floor (which I only let him do long enough to get a picture).


I finally tried using his boppy the other day, which helped him last for at least a few minutes before he got bored. Plus he looked pretty cute using it.

Then I tried a variety of toys/books to hold his attention for longer until I found his favorite. 

Maybe he just wants to get into the Christmas Spirit. Or maybe he appreciates a good classic children's book when he sees one. Or it might have something to do with the high contrast illustrations. It's hard to say. But whatever it is, it's working. 


1 comment:

  1. The look on his face is too cute! Gracie likes tummy time now that she is strong enough to lift up her head, but it definitely took some coaxing.

    ReplyDelete