2.03.2011

I need to stop.

For a long long long time I have been trying (more like just wanting) to organize recipes that I have collected over the years. Ones that I have tried and loved and ones that I am wanting to make. I like cooking a lot. And I like trying new recipes. And I get really bored cooking the same things. So I have developed a habit of browsing through and saving any recipe that intrigues me. This last month I finally got serious and started organizing my favorite recipes and putting them into an online recipe book here.

In the process of going through all the recipes I have stored in various places and ways, I came across some startling numbers:

Number of cook books I have: 19 (excluding the 5 I have checked out from the library right now)

Number of recipes I have bookmarked: 106

Number of recipes I have saved on my computer: 248

Number of recipes I have saved on allrecipes.com, epicurious.com, and foodtv.com: 988 (I really wish I was only exaggerating about this one)

Number of recipes I have cut out and saved from random places: too scared to count

Is it considered hoarding if it is only recipes? 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I have the exact same problem! Good for you for getting around to the organizing phase! I am still stuck on the collecting, printing and coming across it in three months phase. I think about digging them all out and organizing them at least once a week but it's such an overwhelming project that I know will take months to finish and leave my house in ruins! Let me know how it goes though! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete