1.28.2011

Why I'm glad I married a BYU Fan...

While I am not the primary contributer to this here blog, I feel the need to give my input from time to time. The truth is that Melissa's posts and creativity far surpass mine, so it seems fruitless to try to compete with that. Yet, there are those rare moments that I have an idea that I would like to share with the millions (dare I say billions) of our faithful blog readers.

I couldn't wait for the BYU-SDSU game on Wednesday. In addition to me being a big BYU fan, my cousin Jackson Emery plays on the team, so it was also a family matter for me. My excitement for the game, however, was stifled by the fact that I had committed to help with interpretation that night at the Conference Center so I would be missing a huge chunk of the game. Nevertheless, I was stoked!

Melissa probably got annoyed with my constant mention of the game and how bummed I was that I wasn't able to go or watch it. But, as I sat at work on Wednesday, to my delight I received the following picture via email:


Needless to say, it made my whole day and it didn't seem that bad that I would only catch part of the game.

Fast forward to Wednesday night. The interpretation event started late, had numerous technical difficulties and as a result went an hour over time. As soon as I was done, I dashed to my car and turned the radio on just in time to hear that Jackson had stolen the ball and had taken it down for a dunk. For the ten minutes driving home, I was totally enthralled at the close game and wished I was there. When I got home, I expected to find Melissa asleep or getting ready for bed, but to my surprise, I found her poised on the edge of the bed wearing her BYU shirt listening to the BYU game on the radio. The first thing that came out of her mouth was, "This is the craziest game ever! Can you believe it!?"

I was so stoked, I responded, "I know it!!!" We ended up eating cake and listening to the rest of the game together and basking in the glory of the cougars big W. The night was perfect. Not only did my cougars win, but I got to experience it with my true-blue-byu-fan of a wife. Nothing could be better!

(Needless to say that on Feb 26th when the Cougs meet the Aztecs again, I'm not doing an interpretation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment