10.30.2011

Some exciting news...

I just wanted to take a minute to brag about my husband and his awesomeness.

Many of you probably know that Trevor has been working on a feature length documentary about Cambodia almost since he got home from his mission. The year after we were married, he left me for a month to go shoot it with a few mission/film friends. And he has pretty much been working on it since then. He finished editing it about a year ago, but has had little success garnering attention or getting distribution for a student made film and a student budget.


This week though, the International Documentary Association announced its nominations for their annual IDA awards. It is a big awards show, but just for documentaries, and many of the documentaries go on to be nominated or even win Oscars. One of the awards they give out is a student documentary award, which Trevor's film was nominated for! Only 4 other student films were nominated, 3 of which were foreign made, and the other 1 was from a master's student from Stanford's film program, so we were pretty surprised that it was chosen. I think it is an amazing film, but there was so much competition, and no BYU student-made documentary has ever been nominated. Links to the IDA nomination page and news story about the nomination can be found here and here

I am so happy to see all of his hard work being rewarding. I am glad the film will get a little more attention now too, because it is such an amazing story. His film, River of Victory, follows the life of a awesome Cambodian woman and her young family who lives in a garbage dump near the capital city. She is such a strong example of resilience and of a good mother. You can watch the trailer and read more about the film here if you are interested.  



We are excited to go to LA for the awards in December (hopefully I will be able to make it there with him), and even if his film doesn't win, I am so proud of Trevor for this HUGE achievement!

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! Thats really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to come to the awards! I wonder if I can buy tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing. Congrats, Trevor, you totally deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. Tickets are $100 so maybe I'll stand outside with the fans yell your names. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Trevor, I hope you spank the competition.

    ReplyDelete