10.05.2010

An Unexpected Surprise

Last night at 7:50, Thompson Henry Wright was born. He was apparently anxious to get here, coming 4 1/2 weeks early. The last few weeks he had been showing some signs that he wasn't doing as well as he should be, but what we thought would be just another test and check-up ended in the decision to have him delivered right away. I guess he was just ready to come, despite the fact that mom and dad weren't.

He is 4 lbs 13 oz, 18 inches long, and absolutely adorable. He is doing very well considering his size and age and has had no problems with his lungs or heart. He has had a few minor issues with blood sugar and temperature regulation, which has made it hard for us not to have him with us. We are so thankful that the operation went smoothly, that Melissa is doing well, and that little Thompson has no major problems. We really feel like we have been blessed during this whole process and that the doctors and nurses have been guided in their decisions.

Now for what everyone wants to see...









10 comments:

  1. He is so cute! Congratulations! Keep us posted on how he is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, he is SO beautiful!!! And all that hair! Congratulations! We're praying for you guys and little Thompson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I calculated it and you're child is 1.5% of my body weight. I just wanted you to know I could crush him but, I choose not to because you guys made the cute little guy.

    -R. Uncle Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is precious! I'm so happy for you guys! And relieved that you are all doing well. Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is sooooooo cute! He reminds me of Mathias when he was born. Thompson looks really healthy even though he's early. Congrats!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is beautiful! And I love the name. Congrats you two little parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable. I love all his hair! Congrats and I am really happy he and Melissa are doing so well. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Melissa, he is soo cute and tiny! I especially love the last picture-so adorable! I'm glad that everything went so well. Hopefully he continues to do well & you have a good recovery. Congrats again!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so perfect! I can't believe how much hair he has for being early! What a beautiful little boy! Hope your doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Hope all is well for both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete